HAMILTON, Ohio (AP) -- A woman suffered a burn on her leg while trying to extinguish a fire in her grandchild's bedroom.
Firefighters found a fire in the front bedroom and hallway when they arrived at the home at 3:45 p.m. Monday. Officials say the homeowner's grandchild alerted them to the fire and the grandparents tried to put it out themselves.
The woman, who was not identified, was taken to a hospital for treatment. Her condition was not immediately known. There were no other injuries.
Officials say the house sustained about $35,000 in damage.