Firefighters kept busy as they battled a Sunday night house fire in Akron.
Firefighters responded to the 1800 block of 9th Street around 10:00 p.m. The flames began in the basement and extended to the attic which took over two hours to extinguish.
The fire department reports the cause of the fire was stapled wires that were found on the floor.
Fire Department spokesman Lt. Michael Carter says it's dangerous to staple electric cords to the floor because the staple points can heat up causing a fire.
No one was injured in the fire. Damage to the house was estimated at about $20,000.
Copyright © 2013 AkronNewsNow & Rubber City Radio Group |All Rights Reserved | 1795 West Market Street | Akron, OH 44313 | 330.869.9800