Construction crews are moving forward with plans to close the westbound lanes of I-277 as part of $13.2 million resurfacing project.
The four-week long closure will begin Monday on I-277 West between I-77 and I-76 (the Kenmore Leg), according to the Ohio Department of Transportation.
To get around, drivers can take I-77 North to I-76 West/I-77 North to I-76 West (Kenmore Leg).
The following ramps will also close during the closure:
- I-77 north to I-277/US 224 westbound. The detour is I-77 north to I-76 west/I-77 north to I-76 west (Kenmore Leg).
- I-77 south to I-277/US 224 westbound. The detour is I-76 west/I-77 north to I-76 west (Kenmore Leg).
- The entrance ramp from S. Main St. to I-277/US 224 westbound. A detour will be posted.
- The entrance ramp from SR 93/Manchester Rd. to I-277/US 224 westbound. A detour will be posted.
- ALSO, US 224 westbound from Kelly Ave. to the I-77 interchange will be reduced to one lane for bridge repairs.
The construction is part of a $13.2 million project to resurface I-76, Interstate 277 and US 224.
The entire project is scheduled for completion in late October 2013.