A natural gas explosion destroyed an Akron home Saturday night.
Akron firefighters responded to a house fire in the 500 block of Anderson Avenue around 8 p.m.
Captain Al Bragg said fire crews found the home fully engulfed in flames with evidence that the fire started from an explosion.
A natural gas leak above a basement dryer caused the fire, according to the Akron Fire Department.
"It found an ignition source in the kitchen that led to the explosion," said Bragg.
No one was injured in the fire. Officials determined the house was a total loss valued at $60,000.