A website created to support Florida high school teen Kaitlyn Hunt is shown in this May 21, 2013 photo. (Lawrence Lai/ABC News)(SEBASTIAN, Fla.) -- A Florida high school senior was expelled from school and is facing felony charges for a sexual relationship she allegedly had with a fellow girls' basketball teammate who is three years younger.Kaitly...
Brett Deering/Getty Images(MOORE, Okla.) -- For the residents of Moore, Okla., the damage wrought by Monday's E-F5 tornado was all too familiar.A storm, following a nearly identical path, struck the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore on May 3, 1999, resulting in one of the costliest tornadoes in U.S. history, leveling nearly everything in its path and...
PAUL J. RICHARDS/AFP/Getty Images(WASHINGTON) — The Army has suspended the one-star commanding general at Fort Jackson, S.C., for alleged misconduct involving adultery and an unspecified physical altercation.An Army official tells ABC News that the case does not involve sexual assault.Brig. Gen. Bryan T. Roberts was suspended Tuesday as...
Four teenagers have been arrested after allegedly posting bomb and shooting threats to Canton Central Catholic High School.
News Channel 5 reports school officials decided to cancel classes Thursday after Perry Township police first received word of the threat late Wednesday night.
Police say the four young men broke into the school and posted the threatening message on a staff member's Facebook page that had been left open inside a classroom. No explosives were found during a sweep of the school grounds.
Arrested were Adam Fuetter, Zack Parker, and Stephon Jones, all 18 years old of Canton. A fourth young man, a juvenile is not being named.
Authorities assisting with the investigation included the Summit County Bomb Squad, the Summit County Sheriff's Department, and the Perry Township Fire Department among others.
All four teens are facing charges of breaking and entering and inducing panic.
The investigation remains ongoing.
On the Web www.newsnet5.com
In the wake of the bomb and gang threats at Medina High School and Clagget Middle School the past two weeks, the Medina School Board took action.
WKYC-TV Channel 3 News is reporting Medina Schools Superintendent Randy Stepp addressed parents and the community Tuesday night to ease concerns about school safety.
The news organization says only 30 percent of the 4,000 Medina students showed up to school April 20 following the first two threats were reported.
Two 18-year-old students, both Medina High School seniors were arrested Monday for inducing panic in one of the incidents that occurred April 19.
No students were harmed in any of the incidents.
Stepp told Channel 3 that some of the concerns came from the shootings that took place in Chardon and the bomb threats at Pepper Pike's Orange High School.
On The Web www.wkyc.com
Copyright © 2013 AkronNewsNow & Rubber City Radio Group |All Rights Reserved | 1795 West Market Street | Akron, OH 44313 | 330.869.9800